9.06.2004

Is gratuity the right word?

I've decided that people call far too much attention to themselves. I really wish my digital camera still worked. In fact, I might buy a new one. I think I am going to set up a photo blog based on the pictures of terribly gratuitous things. This started as my comment of "the gratuitous truck of the day" speaking about all of the giant, jacked up, 'penis compensating' trucks out there with the bars and the lights and god knows what else. I might see them as slightly less gratuitous if they weren't squeaky fucking clean. I mean these trucks have never even seen dirt. *sigh* Yes, this is how it started. And then came the creepy lady who must've been in her late 30s to early 40s (ie supposed to be professional and....in the workforce) with bright pink hair. I mean hot pink and down near her waist. She became gratuitous person #1. Now I search for these people, vehicles, and other gratuitous things, hoping to find them and wishing I had a camera. So if you see a link go up on the side of my blog or in my profile, click on it...it might be funny....or at the least....gratuitous :P

You've had warning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gratuity is what you leave your waiter. I am quite fond of them.
---Meredith

*Heather* said...

damn, then what's the right word? Any ideas??

Chris Ness said...

Gratuitous means excess. Gratuity is a tip. So you got it right in everything but the title.
For the record, my anti-gratuitous Jeep has seen mud.

*Heather* said...

Yaay for "gratuitous" :-D Oh and your Jeep is cool Chris. I know it's seen mud, therefore you rock and no gratuitousness for you :P