9.12.2005

Well, lots of stuff has happened lately, no? Since I haven't posted at all this month yet, I guess I'm a little behind. I've been really, really busy lately. I guess it makes me glad I scheduled breaks between my classes, they get used everyday. For homework mostly, sometimes for lunch. I'm pretty proud of myself, I've only missed one class, and that was theatre when I felt really cruddy.

I've also made much much use of my breaks from school. This is the first semester EVER that I've truly had Fridays off completely. It's really nice. Granted I work Fridays now since there's no school, but it's pretty mindless and doesn't require me to ever think about an integral or a derivative or a torque or a cross product....ever. In fact, I highly doubt that anyone I work with even knows what that means. Which is fine and dandy with me.

My weekends as of late have been filled with interesting and fun things too, especially when I'm not working. Labor Day weekend was filled with movies and "Sociables" with Tyler and Travis, Kim, and their neighbors, and late night swimming. Last weekend was Brittnee's b-day party, so after a scrumptious dinner made by Andrea (thanks :-D) we all went to Sambuca for some jazz. Note: Sambuca is a restaurant. I did not realize this. That was kind of awkward for a bit, but fun anyway. :) And we all had a good time. There was issue, but it's over and I like to reminisce of the happy, not the not-so-great. Sunday was good too. Went to IHOP for breakfastlunch, and then had to uber rush back from halfway to Katy to get to the play on time. But thanks to fast car (that I got to drive back to my apartment from Sambucas!), we made it in time. I thought the play was really good. "Comedic tragedy" definitely fits. (It was called An Empty Plate at Café du Grand Boeuf) I like Main Street Theatre too, it's pretty small (we were about 20 or 25 feet from center stage) but I think that adds to the appeal. You see the actors right there in front of you, it just makes you feel closer to the action I suppose.

I guess that's caught me up from my lack of blogging lately, I forsee me continuing to be really busy, perhaps even moreso pretty soon and for the rest of the semester, so I guess I find time where I make it...More stories to come soon though, I'm sure. Tomorrow...well today now I guess as it is Tuesday now is an Astros game. Apparently they're out of the race for wild card, which sucks, but I still want to go see them play. I waited all summer with no one wanting to go, so now I get to go watch my game. :P I guess if I have to become a hockey fan, someone can become a bit of a baseball fan, no?

1 comment:

Jared Counts said...

Hey, are you going to the Astros game too? David called me earlier and said he had an extra ticket, so I'm gonna be there. It sucks that they aren't in the running anymore, but at an evening at Minute Maid Park is a helluva lot cooler than sitting at home.