5.25.2005

I know it sounds like bitching but....

So tomorrow is my sister's 13th birthday. You can definitely tell, too. I guess every little kid does basically the same thing; "Oh, I'm turning 13, inherently I'm the shit, bow and worship me for I am awesome." What I'm wondering is if they realize what they're doing...seriously. Since I have moved back home I have wanted to rip the hair out of my sister's head on an almost daily basis. Her response to everything I say, whether I am talking to her or not is "God, shut up, you're so stupid." I could be wrong, but I REALLY don't remember being that big of a bitch. Seriously. It's making my stay at home very unenjoyable. I can't wait to move in to my apartment next week, and that is basically solely why. I find myself unable to tolerate her any longer, I have resolved myself to not speaking in her presence, for fear that I might lose my temper and beat the shit out of her. No, that probably never would happen, but she makes me so ANGRY. So, in less than 6 days, I will have all the things that are important to me moved from this place into a new place - a place I can call my own, at least for now. So back to the title, I know it sounds like bitching but really its a long question. Do you remember being a giant bitch when you were 13 because you thought you were the most awesome person in the entire world or something to that effect? Maybe I never got that because everyone was always older than me. Or maybe I did get it. Opinions welcome.

8 comments:

Jared Counts said...

I said stuff like that to my sister all the time, but that's because it was my express intent to be a complete and utter turd. I was the little brother, and that was my job. Wait, no, not my job, my obligation.

As for your sister, yeah, she sounds as if she's being a stuck-up little prat. Smack her around some and remind her why being 13 sucks.

Anonymous said...

i don't remember thinking i was the most awesome person in the world, per se, but i did have some definite ideas about who i was above and who i was below. and not all of those coincided with reality, now that i look back. a agree with jared; what your sister needs is a good reminder that you can kick her ass, and she'll most likely shape up (at least long enough that by the time she forgets the lesson, you'll be out of there). i have to kick my little brother's ass every now and then, it happens.

Anonymous said...

As I recall, I was rather the opposite when I was 13. I was suddenly hyper-aware of my utter lack of coolness, intelligence, attractiveness, and any other desirable quality. I spent my middle school years trying to blend into the wallpaper so no one else would notice what a dork I was, and with considerable success too.

*Heather* said...

See, Meredith, I think that's how I was too. "Wallflower in life" I guess is what you could call it.

Anonymous said...

Oh bull...you and I may have felt that way, but we were two hyperactive, LOUD, opinionated kids. I doubt we were as bas as our sisters though. I think it's partly the little sibling thing. They see how we were as teenagers and up it by like 700%.

Anonymous said...

*bad

Chris Ness said...

You've been a giant bitch the entire time I've known you... I mean what?
:p

*Heather* said...

Thanks Ness, what would I EVER do without your constant self-confidence boots! :-D Hope you're doing well with the face paint and the bouncing quarters on the bedsheets...