7.08.2004

Hey everybody, Bill Cosby gets recognition for what some of us have been saying for years now. I don't particularly care who changes it, but something should be done. Go Bill!

Also, all those people who try to keep the cool shit for themselves are at it again. Yep, that's right. Lawmakers seem to think it's ok to buy The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but not Resident Evil. C'mon now, I want to kill more people having to watch such a terrible movie than I ever have playing a game.

Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 a few days ago, it was pretty good, Michael Moore made use of some good points, but there was a lot of info in there that was redundant. Maybe I was too little to remember Columbine being all over the news, but this seemed like he threw in a lot more "well no shit everyone knows that" stuff. But it was good, I recommend it, though apparently some people around here don't.

The News of the Weird is pretty, well, uh, weird this time. That's all I have to say about that :P

Also, one more reason to blame...well, anyone but yourself for your problems. Sometimes I am appalled at how things can be written to shift the blame. Words such as "think", "are led to believe", "could"...all of those just mean one study found something that might be true. But hell, let's throw it out to the public anyway so that people can say "Look! It's not my fault!"

Speaking of people not blaming themselves for stuff, why didn't CPS step into this one? I actually saw this show when it was on TV a few days ago. There were a bunch of little kids (all 6 and under) and every single one of them was gigantic! A 117 pound 3 year old? Come on. And the parents say they don't know how their children got like that..."Here baby, have a Twinkie, meh, have a box of Twinkies." I think it's a bit self explanatory when your 5 year old weighs more than you do that maybe, just maybe you're feeding them TOO DAMN MUCH.

That's my $0.02 on the world right now. Well, not the world, but, uh...stuff.

No comments: