8.25.2004

So, school has started now...suprisingly more of a letdown than I would have hoped. I mean, it's great to be back in the dorms (ie away from home), it's great to see everyone again, it's great to be back....but so much crap that I've had to deal with already. Jeez..! But eh it's not that important. What's important is that after the not-so-good summer, I'm back to things being okay. We're back to it too. Which is good.

I went for a little while kind of lost....I didn't know where I wanted to be, who I wanted to be. I led myself astray; I was both the wolf and the sheep. I felt as if what had seemed so right wasn't -- like I had been turned upside down and shaken until my brain oozed out my ears. I think I can say that I've stuffed by brain back in and things seem to be calming, more things are being realized, less forgotten. I want to find myself still, I'm climbing my way back, one hand over the other... "a tenth of a mile at a time". I want everything to be allright, I would say that I want the world, but I don't. The world is a terrible terrible place, and I think I am much happier here, with just a small part of it.

No comments: