8.01.2004

So recently an old song has come to mind a lot. I'm not sure why, granted it used to be one of my favorite songs, but it just seems kind of odd that it would come up now. As I sit here, it seems that the lyrics are the only thing that run through my head, that they are all I can really fixate my thoughts on, though so many other things run through my thoughts that is the only one that has stayed undaunted through the last few days. I find myself singing it at splashtown, humming it in my room, thinking about it as I lay down to sleep. Funny how these things come up at just a moment when you think they never would.

I was reading Kellie's blog and about how she said that through all the problems she's had, happiness was never one of them. I found that to be amazing. Granted I haven't had a terrible life by any stretch of the imagination, especially compared to the things she's put up with for so long, but it seems like happiness is like the tide; it's something that comes and goes for me. I've not ever really been at a point where I "wasn't sure" if I was happy or not. I guess that might be a bad thing, but I've always either been happy with things or unhappy with them. And now I have to go take a shower so Jason and I can go get his daddy a present. So there goes that train of thought. Derailed for now.

No comments: