11.22.2005

sigh. The end of the semester is near. Only 3 to 4 more sessions for each class. Then finals. As much as I'm ready....I'm SO not. So much to study for, so many projects. So much time consuming stuff and so little time to do it.

Happierly, last weekend was fun. Tyler's friend Conrad flew in from Canada, and we all hung out. Friday we saw the new Harry Potter on the IMAX screen. Talk about huge! It was good, they're getting a bit darker as they progress. Saturday my review was cancelled, and we went to Space Center Houston. Tyler proceeded to break a space machine...sigh, what am I going to do with him? ;) They all went out for a (21+) night on the town, so I called up some buddies (Andrea, Lindsey, Kathleen, Brett and Andrea's friend Anu) and we went hookahing. Is that a word? Anyway, apple hookah is awesome. Yes, easier than breathing air, I must admit.


Andrea and I seeing who could get the hookah first. Sadly, she won. Guess I'm just not buff enough ;)












Once Andi gave it up...











We were going to go to some party downtown, but ended up back at my apartment boozing instead. An hour or 2 later Tyler, Conrad, Travis, Kim and Stuart showed up. Rather pre-boozed, I might add. Heh, then "some funny stuff happened" that wouldn't be considered PG, so you can ask about it if you want to know ;). And our fire extinguisher almost got sprayed. On someone else. That was a close one teehee. Sunday was a boring day, I worked with my groups on my fluid mechanics and then thermodynamics projects. Woo, fun, only not. Ooh, and yesterday we saw Walk the Line and I got a big green monkey. In fact, I got the biggest, brightest one at the MarqE :) He's the coolest, as is his picker-outer, eh? His name, at least temporarily, is Jim the Monkey.

And that was my weekend. One of the more exciting in quite some time. That makes me happy :-D I needed a good relaxing weekend.

Oh, and I finally got the pics from Holley when we went to Target and tried on hats. Friggin' awesome.






Man, if I only had somewhere to wear this hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know that hookah is as bad or worse for you than smoking, right? Because at the end of the day, it's still tobacco. Just had to say.

Glad you're having fun.

Kell

Anonymous said...

ACTUALLY... there is no proof that hookah is worse than smoking at all. also, i've heard more from old arabic dude hookah smokers along the lines of "better for you" and "organic" and "doesn't have all those chemicals that cigarette people put in their tobacco" that seem to imply that it's not actually bad for you at all, in moderation .. just like a lot of things

of course, i haven't seen proof in from either side, so all I can do is brainstorm. and, cigarettes, just seeeem like they're a lot worse for you. it's because, tobacco isn't the only thing in those - they've got all kinds of seriously unhealthy crap in there. HOokah, however, has fruits, leaves, and tobacco, and none of those fishy chemicals.

thought i'd share that with yah kell.

ps: check out the howstuffworks article on smoking cigs