10.26.2005

Dear Lidge-

You're fired.

-Houston


Now that that sweeping disaster is over...Backe is awesome. New favorite ;) They totally don't give him enough credit.

Ok, so now for the not baseball. This week has been kind of nice; not too much to do (comparatively), just some homework and such. The next few weeks though...gah. Doom. I fail to understand why professors feel they MUST schedule all exams at the same time. It fills me with anger. And stress. Apparently a lot of BME's are doing worse than I though. Which isn't good, obviously, but at least I know I'm not in this sinking boat alone. This weekend should be fun, halloween party with Tyler & Co. I'm Tinkerbell teeheehee. It will be probably my last bit of real free time 'til after finals. *sigh* Thinking about that sucks...especially since that is 10.29 and finals are over...12.14? Maybe I'll be able to afford a day or so of leisure during T-day break. And I don't consider camping leisure, by the way. (Though it is "in-tents" hehe, that was a stolen joke) I feel kind of bad because my mum asked me to shuttle them for the triathlon this weekend, but I said I was busy. Which, I mean...I am busy, technically...just more by choice. I also kind of feel bad b/c it's been like...2.5 months since Tyler and I kinda started dating I guess, and they still haven't met him. *shrug* That's a "long time" for them. But it's not my fault they go out of town when I don't have exams. Or that they're too lazy or busy or whatnot to drive down here. So I don't feel too bad about that I guess.

Blah, it's late. And I still have stuff to do. Sadness.

4 comments:

Jared Counts said...

Hey now, don't be so hard on Lidge. Yeah, okay, he has been struggling the last few times on the mound, but it's not his fault we lost. If we could've batted in half the runners we had in scoring position, we would've won by a landslide. Besides, at least he's not Ezekiel Astascio.

Oh yeah, and good luck on your tests. Hope your brain doesn't melt.

*Heather* said...

I gotta be hard on Lidge. He was my favorite. Then he failed. And yeah, I'm pretty glad he's not Astascio. That guy should be fired without anyone even saying so. Like...he should have just KNOWN that he was fired and left. Walking a run in the World Series...did he forget this wasn't tee-ball?!?

Oh, and luck I will probably need. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Don't sign that statement like it's from all of Houston. Even with a few bad innings, Lidge still rates as one of the very best closers in the National League. One run would be no big deal if if we had batted in just one or two of our what? Like 18 runners in scoring position? All I have to say is:
Fair. Weather. Fan.

And as for Astascio...while his performance did suck, the poor guy only got called up from the minors on July 29. I'd be pretty damn scared too if I only had 81 innings and 2.5 months of major league experience under my belt.

*Heather* said...

Ouch. That's some harsh anger. Duh, I realize it wasn't just Lidge and Astacio who lost the games for us. They're just the most prominent figures, you know...walking a run etc. And I'm not a "fair weather fan," thanks. I went to Astros games BEFORE they made it to even the wild card spot. I realize they're better than what...61 other teams? That's pretty good. So take a joke as it is. Duh.