4.11.2004

Rainy days make me happy. I could sit and watch the rain cry down the windowpanes for hours. The amazing power of lightning, the ground shaking rumble of thunder, all somehow bring joy to my day. I guess it's one of the few god related things I hold on to and seem to believe in.

"There's holes in the floor of heaven,
And her tears are pouring down.
That's how you know she's watching,
Wishing she could be here now.
Sometimes if you're lonely,
Just remember she can see.
There's holes in the floor of heaven and she's
Watching over you and me."

I used to go with my grandparents a lot to their near-the-lake-house. Small town, so no big city lights to block out the stars. Pretty much the only thing I remember doing there at night was laying on the ground counting the stars. There were so many then...it seems like they've all faded away. Maybe that's just because I haven't seen all of them in all their glory in over 3 years.

I think I was talking to Amanda a few days ago about the rain, and how it didn't even matter if it was cold rain, that it was still good to be in. And to dance in. I want to dance in the rain again.

It seems at the peak of my understanding, I realize I understand less than I did when I knew nothing. I guess ignorance is bliss, and people (or at least me) are constantly moving through different levels of ignorance - realizing one and moving into another.

It's raining again...

No comments: